zo 01 mei|
Mental health promotion in the youth field
The MENTAL HEALTH PROMOTION IN THE YOUTH FIELD! course will help you to have a positive impact on mental wellbeing & ending stigmatisation of young peoples’ mental illness from the communities of partner organisations. We are inviting youth workers!
Time & Location
01 mei 07:00 – 10 mei 23:00
Willemstad, Willemstad, Curaçao
About the Event
Why should you join?
- To strengthen your competences to support resilience, self-regulation, flexibility & wellbeing using digital tools as well as face to face meetings to connect with young people.
- To add international value to local & regional mental well being & ending stigmatisation of mental health issues activities in partner cities via the Cities of Learning platform.
- To grow awareness and expression of personal emotions, thoughts, values, & behaviour of youth workers and youth leaders the young people they work with.
- To develop understanding and adopting new ideas, approaches, and tools, for youth workers to create actions in response to changing contexts.
- To grow your mindset to support young people to manage transitions in personal life, social participation, work & learning pathways, while making conscious choices and setting goals.
- To strengthen your partnership and cooperation for innovation with organisations that work in mental health education for young people in non-formal settings.
- To join a high quality training and local activity for European and Curacao youth workers to create long term connections between Curacao & European youth organisations
- To exchange good practices between partners in ‘mental health promotion in the youth field’
What should you expect?
- A week of exciting non-formal learning with people from Greece, Italy, Romania, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Curacao, Spain, Slovakia, Portugal, Czech Republic and Germany.
- A combination of individual and group learning
- Opportunities to try out and learn new professional techniques for mental health promotion
- A possibility to create new learning pathways in the frame of Cities of Learning
- A long-term project that enables to create opportunities for youth workers competence development and then to transfer their learning to practice together with youth leaders from the community that took part in the training for youth leaders.
- Increasing the capacity of your organisation and ultimately creating benefits to young people.
- A long term training course where you also will connect with youth leaders within this project.
From 1 - 10 of May 2021 (incl. travel days)
- Youth workers above 18 years old
- Motivated to improve their mental health promotion skills and of those they are working with
- Youth workers from the Netherlands, Romania, Greece, Italy, United Kingdom, Curacao, Portugal, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Germany.
The international activities will be carried out in English and will require a sufficient level of communication in English.
You can register for this training course via this form, before 10 October 2021.
The Mental health promotion in the youth field training is co-funded by Erasmus+ and therefore there is not a training fee for participants and there is a travel budget for traveling to Curacao. Though, we will ask a fee of €50 to offer you a certificate.
Contact facilitator training: Sandra Zoomers email@example.com
Contact administrative persone: Martynas Stukas firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-organisers: Kids in Action (GR), NUR (IT), Youthopolis (RO), Think Forward (UK), Mazeli (CW), .. (PT), EduEra (SK), Amics (ES), Vice Versa (CZ), Bildungsnetzwerk Magdeburg (DE)