ma 22 nov|
Future Skills Now! #1
The future depends on what we do in the present (Mahatma Gandhi). So let's continue with being conscious about what we do right now! And what we need to be prepared for the future that we want to create for ourselves and the young people we work with.
Time & Location
22 nov 2021 19:00 – 28 nov 2021 23:59
Daugirdiškės, Daugirdiškės 21343, Lithuania
About the Event
The Network of Cities of Learning is organising a training course and we are inviting future leaders to join our course FUTURE SKILLS NOW!
Why should you join?
- Explore and understand frameworks of skills and competence relevant today and necessary for future learning, careers and civic life
- Learn how to research youth skills, needs and aspirations for future life and careers
- Experience specific skills in action and reflect their relevance to current and future life of young people
- Exchange and learn good practices of developing 21st century skills in diverse learning settings
- Design digital learning pathways and embed innovative methods and approaches within youth work programmes in participating cities
What should you expect?
- A week of exciting learning with people from 9 European countries
- A combination of individual and group learning, activities with the local team, online interaction with youth leaders and youth workers from other countries
- Opportunities to try out and learn new digital tools for learning, communication and active participation
- A possibility to create new learning pathways in the frame of Cities of Learning
- To develop innovative approaches and methods through developing professional competences of youth leaders and youth workers.
- A long-term project that enables to create opportunities for youth workers competence development and then to transfer their learning to practice during the follow-up activities locally.
- Increasing the capacity of your organisation and ultimately creating benefits to young people.
- Your 21-st century skills development is up-to-date following the best practice examples, so that your youth work sector would not only stay relevant to young people and communities, but also take leadership in embracing and creating a future to come.
- Your youth work organisation to have capacity to address urgent needs and emerging opportunities of current realities with a long-term vision in mind.
- A long term training course with 2 other trainings to join
From 22nd until 28th of November 2021 (incl. travel days)
Training centre “Daugirdiskes”, Lithuania
- Youth leaders and youth workers above 18 years old
- Motivated to improve their future skills and of those they are working with
- Youth leaders and youth workers from the Netherlands, Lithuania, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Greece, Hungary, Italy and the UK.
The international activities will be carried out in English and will require a sufficient level of communication in English.
You can apply for this training course before 10 October 2021 via this form, the selection will be done on the 12th of October 2021. The Future Skills Now! training is co-funded by Erasmus+ and therefore there is not a training fee for participants and there is a travel budget for traveling to Lithuania.
Contact facilitators Future Skills Now training:
Sandra Zoomers firstname.lastname@example.org
Nerijus Kriaučiūnas email@example.com
Laimonas Ragauskas firstname.lastname@example.org